TechKnow

Author Topic: Windows Phone Outlook: Account already exists, but doesn't sync  (Read 3180 times)

Offline HcH

• TechKnow Owner, Ethical Hacker
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
Windows Phone Outlook: Account already exists, but doesn't sync
« on: September 24, 2015, 11:24:11 AM »
Hello TechKnow members and visitors,

Today I had a odd problem with a Windows Phone.

The e-mail wasn't working, it was a outlook.com address. I've setup this phone, created a new account on the setup, and the email, doesn't synchronize. So I wanted to add the same outlook.com address to email as I've chosen on setup. An error appears, telling me the account already exists, but it doesn't sync or do anything.

I've read several articles on Microsoft.com, only to discover that a reset would solve this. This is not acceptable, so I went looking for my own solution.

To resolve this issue, I went to SETTING \ E-MAIL & ACCOUNTS, there I see the account, named "Microsoft-account". I opened it, and only placed a checkmark on the synchronize option, that fixed it!

If I open email now, it shows the messages of that mailbox. It's a little odd that this happens, but if you know where to fix it, it's done in a few seconds :)

HcH

Offline cvegreen

• VIP Moderator
  • Tablet / Size / Model: no tablet, asus F205TA netbook
Re: Windows Phone Outlook: Account already exists, but doesn't sync
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 09:29:35 PM »
Or use the good onece, a real good Android Phone.   :android-tongue:
No, this could happend to a Android phone to. But i dont want a windows phone, my wife has one, and i dont like it, my colega at work has one to, this is 3 difrent windows phones  and i like none of these onece. But my Sony Xperia L i like it much. My previous iPhone 4S sucks, i stick with android. But the only thing i dont like about it, is the lack of updates. I do have now my Sony for 1 year and 2 months and i dit have not 1 update, he still runs on the old Android 4..2 and for so a young phone like mine is, it my not happend. But if Sony dont bring out a update, wat can i do? you tell me that it is dangerous to look after a ROM for my phone with Android 5.1 and i believe you. Trohw him away and buy a new one with Android 6 in a few months.   

Offline HcH

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 10:19:28 AM »
Or use the good onece, a real good Android Phone.   :android-tongue:
No, this could happend to a Android phone to. But i dont want a windows phone, my wife has one, and i dont like it, my colega at work has one to, this is 3 difrent windows phones  and i like none of these onece. But my Sony Xperia L i like it much. My previous iPhone 4S sucks, i stick with android. But the only thing i dont like about it, is the lack of updates. I do have now my Sony for 1 year and 2 months and i dit have not 1 update, he still runs on the old Android 4..2 and for so a young phone like mine is, it my not happend. But if Sony dont bring out a update, wat can i do? you tell me that it is dangerous to look after a ROM for my phone with Android 5.1 and i believe you. Trohw him away and buy a new one with Android 6 in a few months.
Hey cvegreen,

Well I think a lot depends on what you would like to do with a phone. I'm sad that there are no real Linux based phones, like a Debian based one (a Ubuntu one is on it's way or cancelled in the meantime). I like Android for the freedom. I dislike Android for having actually NO FREEDOM: making it HELL to root it sometimes. I regret having the S5, rooting it is extremely hard and risky. It should be an option to root it or like a setting. No, instead I need a Odin bootloader, pray when flashing that it will boot after that...

So, when I have a Android phone or tablet, the struggle will start to pry it open, and add my own desired binaries and stuff to it. I hate that so much, that I've become fed up with it. The same struggle every time...

Why have a great system such as Android only to disable ALL FRKN SYSTEM ACCESS to it is completely beyond me. It's like have a Ferrari Sports Car limited to 80KMPH  :android-lol: :android-lol: :android-lol:

With Windows phone, I don't struggle at all, given, that I can't do much else but what it's build for.

So, in my conclusion, rooted Android ROCKS, rooting Android is HELL (sometimes), Windows... just works!

/end-rant

HcH

Offline cvegreen

• VIP Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 06:55:40 PM »
Yeah HcH, my sony is also rooted. Thats the way of living with Android. My Sony has only Android 4.2 and this one is still easyer to root than 4.4 and higher.

Offline HcH

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 10:06:29 AM »
Yeah HcH, my sony is also rooted. Thats the way of living with Android. My Sony has only Android 4.2 and this one is still easyer to root than 4.4 and higher.
I fully agree cvegreen! Rooted Android is the way to go, once it's rooted, it's very nice :) Before it's rooted... !##%[email protected]#!$%@# I really don't want to understand why root is not an option by default. I've read CM has it like a setting, if you're advanced user, then enable it, else, just don't and be safer. That's the way it should be!

I have received a 4.4 tablet :android-hypnotized: it's a little broken but I don't care! I want to try to root Android 4.4 :) Uberizer has root procedures for 1.6 to 4.2, and 4.4 should be harder to root, 5.0 and up should even be harder to root. I wonder how it will work.

Cheers!

HcH

Offline cvegreen

• VIP Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 09:50:31 PM »
Well HcH next week i well get also a android tablet to repair. He has also android 4.4.4
But i dont know yet if i am mature enough to fix the basterd. I will see. It is a RK 3026 i gues a 7" tablet.

Offline HcH

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 10:01:06 AM »
Well HcH next week i well get also a android tablet to repair. He has also android 4.4.4
But i dont know yet if i am mature enough to fix the basterd. I will see. It is a RK 3026 i gues a 7" tablet.
You can depend on my help mate! :) Just call/mail/facebook me if you need anything.

RK is nice stuff, somehow I like these a lot, maybe even the most of all chinese stuff. The few I had came with clean firmware, fast performance, easy root... so nice I would almost become emotional :android-ninja:

Only JXD and Zenithink I like more :)

HcH

Offline cvegreen

• VIP Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 05:56:17 PM »
You can depend on my help mate! :) Just call/mail/facebook me if you need anything.

RK is nice stuff, somehow I like these a lot, maybe even the most of all chinese stuff. The few I had came with clean firmware, fast performance, easy root... so nice I would almost become emotional :android-ninja:

Only JXD and Zenithink I like more :)

HcH

Thx mate, but i have no tablet seen yet.
Perhaps that the man fixed himself, it is to remove the testaankoop apps. They send often spam or sommthing like that.