TechKnow

Author Topic: [WM8850] Windows CE 7.0  (Read 11904 times)

Offline abhilash2411

• Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: nextab/5/wm8850
Re: [WM8850] Windows CE 7.0
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2017, 05:25:22 AM »
Sir.
I had booted wince 7.0 in my nextab. But the touch display, keyboard and mouse was not working . Please help me.

Offline Stephan

• aka HcH, TechKnow Owner, EHVSN Admin
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2017, 04:59:40 PM »
Sir.
I had booted wince 7.0 in my nextab. But the touch display, keyboard and mouse was not working . Please help me.
I'm sorry to read that! So USB is not working as well? When you use WinCE you pretty much have to use a USB keyboard or mouse :(

Offline BBBB

• Uber-Noobie
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2018, 01:50:19 AM »
Hi Stephan,

I realise this is an old post but I can't see a way to contact you directly.
Would it be possible to obtain from you the RT2870.dll file from a working WEC7 OS?
I've tried to extract it from the safe NB0 file but I can't seem to get it complete with the tools I have.
I'm using this radio on another Windows Embedded device but there are some driver issues and I can see that the driver in this OS is a few months newer than the one I have.
And of course Ralink itself was sold to Mediatek and MEdiatek do not respond to any requests directly for updated drivers.

Thanks.

Offline Stephan

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2018, 09:11:17 AM »
Hi Stephan,

I realise this is an old post but I can't see a way to contact you directly.
Would it be possible to obtain from you the RT2870.dll file from a working WEC7 OS?
I've tried to extract it from the safe NB0 file but I can't seem to get it complete with the tools I have.
I'm using this radio on another Windows Embedded device but there are some driver issues and I can see that the driver in this OS is a few months newer than the one I have.
And of course Ralink itself was sold to Mediatek and MEdiatek do not respond to any requests directly for updated drivers.

Thanks.

Hello BBBB,

Oh wow, a Android question! That's been quite a while ago for me hehe.

Well, I've taken a look and extracted the nk0 files:

I use DUMPROM for this: "dumprom.exe -4 safe_nk.nb0 -d "%CD%\safe_nk"

You can download the tool here: https://itsme.home.xs4all.nl/projects/xda/dumprom/dumprom.exe
And more utils for the WinCE FS here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa448635.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

I successfully extracted the files but there was no RT2870.dll in the nb0 files, only in the Windows directory I found one from a ROM I know should be alright and functional, that DLL file has been attached to this post!

With kind regards,

Stephan

Offline BBBB

• Uber-Noobie
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2018, 10:28:54 AM »
Thanks Stephan for the reply and the dll.

-I presume you meant a Windows CE/Embedded question :-)

Actually the RT2870.dll is in the safe_nk.nb0 file (at least the one you can download from earlier in this thread) but when I extract the dll it strips out most of the external links and so the dll is useless.
But the one you supplied is complete and so I'll try it out in the next few days.

Just out of interest - do you have any other WinCE/Compact WiFi drivers in the various file collections? The safe_nk_nb0 file also includes the Realtek driver (netrtwlanu.dll) but that is older than the generally available one unlike the RT2870.dll which is newer than anything I've found online. Are you still involved with this platform or just Android?

Thanks.

Offline Stephan

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2018, 08:08:33 PM »
Hey BBBB,

No problem! I think there may be a difference in the firmware versions causing this. I hope this one does the trick for you!

I'm not involved in Android very much anymore, the last couple of years I haven't done a release other than a few Uberizer updates.