TechKnow

Author Topic: [WM8505] M006 (ePad) (WMT1.9.1)  (Read 4858 times)

Offline HcH

• TechKnow Owner, Ethical Hacker
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
[WM8505] M006 (ePad) (WMT1.9.1)
« on: November 23, 2011, 12:04:07 AM »

Eken m006 wmt2.0_20100910 mod: 88_wmt2.0_20110201-HcH:

* Fixed camera

Eken m006 wmt2.0_20100910 mod: 88_wmt2.0_20110116-HcH:

This is a modded factory firmware, cleanup up about 90MB of redundant/unneeded apps/settings.
This rom is meant for those who have a Eken m006, 128MB version which in my case came with
firmware version 1.9.1. Installation, extract \script to \sd, so you get the files in
sd\script and start up your device.

Features:

* Rooted
* ADP Enabled
* Working YouTube
* Market with Enabler
* Screen_brightness 150 to 100 longer battery life
* Window_animation_scale 1.0 to 0.0 quicker screens
* Changed loading text
* Replaced logo
* cleaned up a lot of mess inside data.tar/android_fs.tar (phone etc.)
* cleaned up SCN apps
* Cleaned up dalvic cache
* Changed default background
* Added extra apps games
* Added extra backgrounds android_fs.tar\system\app\Launcher.apk\res\drawable\ new backgrounds 10
* Fixed hintbar
* Fixed icons: \data.tar\.\data\com.android.launcher\databases\launcher.db

Extra apps/games:
Advanced Task Killer Pro 1.9.5
Androidvnc Build 20100819
APK Manager
App Monster Pro 1.8.4
Beautiful Widgets 3.2.4.1
betterkeyboard
Bowshooter Lite
Brightnesslevel
CacheMate for Root Users 2.6.3
Connectbot-Svn-R400-All
Dolphin Browser 2.5.0
ES File Explorer
Google Market 2.2.7
Grenades As 1.1.3
HiMSN 6.0.5
Little Python 1.1.0
Marketenabler
Meridian Media Player Autonomy Pro 1.4.0
Quick System Info Pro 1.5.2
Remote Desktop 190
RootExplorer2.13.3
Sam SlideME 4.0 (market app)
Splat 13
Throttle Copter
WiFi File Explorer PRO 109
Youtube LD

Package it came in:

Eken_m006_Uberoid_88_wmt2.0_20110201.7z 85MB
Eken_m006_Uberoid_88_wmt2.0_20110201.7z 85MB MiRROR#1
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 01:32:01 PM by HardcoreHacker »

Offline Tincho

• Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: EPC-1026 10"
Re: [WM8505] M006 (ePad) (WMT1.9.1)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 09:19:02 PM »
Hi HardCoreHacker

First of all, thanks four your incredible and hard work.

I have installed this ROM on my E10/EPC-1026 10-inch netbook with red LED lights (it came with Windows CE 6.0) and it works mostly fine, with a few problems that I'll describe:

-Minor problem: The Android logo at boot has shadows and artifacts (see figure 1). They disappear when the Uberoid logo appears.
-Minor problem: Most sites give me certificate problems even though the date and time in the system are correct. Why?
-Minor problem: The search bar seems to disappear for no reason at all.
-Major problem: I must keep the AC adapter connected all the time. Otherwise, the netbook drains the battery in seconds! Is this an Uberoid problem? I haven't used the computer for some time but the battery lasted at least one or two hours with Windows CE 6.0
-Major problem: I can't seem to be able to use the App Market bundled with the ROM. It says I'm not connected to Internet even though I know I am. (see figure 2)
-Question: This may sound stupid, but... how do I lock the screen? (The Windows key (sed as the Menu button) unlocks the screen but it doesn't lock it. It just opens the cotnext menu.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 10:46:33 PM by Tincho »

Offline HcH

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 04:30:00 PM »
Hi HardCoreHacker

First of all, thanks four your incredible and hard work.

I have installed this ROM on my E10/EPC-1026 10-inch netbook with red LED lights (it came with Windows CE 6.0) and it works mostly fine, with a few problemas that I'll describe:

-Minor problem: The Android logo at boot has shadows and artifacts (see figure 1). They disappear when the Uberoid logo appears.
-Minor problem: Most sites give me certificate problems even though the date and time in the system are correct. Why?
-Minor problem: The search bat seems to disappear for no reason at all.
-Major problem: I must keep the AC adapter connected all the time. Otherwise, the netbook drains the battery in seconds! Is this an Uberoid problem? I haven't used the computer for some time but the battery lasted at least one or two hours with Windows CE 6.0
-Major problem: I can't seem to be able to use the App Market bundled with the ROM. It says I'm no connected to Internet even though I know I am. (see figure 2)
-Question: This may sound stupid, but... how do I lock the screen? (The Windows key (sed as the Menu button) unlocks the screen but it doesn't lock it. It just opens the cotnext menu.

Thanks in advance.
Hey Tincho,

The artifacts are due wrong wmt parameters, which I don't know exactly anymore, you may find it in the archive of the forum if required.

Certificate errors occur due a old Android OS which doesn't recognize all current Certificate Authorities.

AC problem, well it's a real old tablet, the battery probably has died in the meantime :(

The AppMarket problem is known, there is a unofficial market which doesn't exist anymore, the Google Market should work however! At least, I hope :)

Cheers.

HcH

Offline Tincho

• Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: EPC-1026 10"
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 04:43:16 PM »
Thanks for your kind reply

Most of my problems seem to have been solved.

I replaced App Market with GetJar (I have forgotten completely about its existence). I might get rid of SlideMe and replace it with some other market as a second alternative.

Battery drain wasn't as terrible as I thought. Yes, after a full charge, I unplug the AC adaptor and the charge goes down from 100% to 24% - 18% in two seconds (literally!), but that small cha rge seems to last around one hour. Not a big deal, but I'm quite happy.

I just disabled security warnings in Dolphin(I don't usually go to risky sites) so I guess I won't have certificate errors anymore.

I'll search for the correct WMT paameters. Thanks again.

One question, though: Is Android 1.6 the newest version I can get for my 10 inch WM8505 netbook? I love this version and it's way better than Windows CE 6 :) but the newer, the better :) It would be great to have Eclair or Froyo. Yes, I know I won't go beyond that.

Last but not least, rest assured that I love your work and I'm very grateful for Uberoid and for all your help.

I'm posting from my WM8505 netbbok, and that's quite an achievement :)

Offline HcH

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 04:20:01 PM »
Thanks for your kind reply

Most of my problems seem to have been solved.

I replaced App Market with GetJar (I have forgotten completely about its existence). I might get rid of SlideMe and replace it with some other market as a second alternative.

Battery drain wasn't as terrible as I thought. Yes, after a full charge, I unplug the AC adaptor and the charge goes down from 100% to 24% - 18% in two seconds (literally!), but that small cha rge seems to last around one hour. Not a big deal, but I'm quite happy.

I just disabled security warnings in Dolphin(I don't usually go to risky sites) so I guess I won't have certificate errors anymore.

I'll search for the correct WMT paameters. Thanks again.

One question, though: Is Android 1.6 the newest version I can get for my 10 inch WM8505 netbook? I love this version and it's way better than Windows CE 6 :) but the newer, the better :) It would be great to have Eclair or Froyo. Yes, I know I won't go beyond that.

Last but not least, rest assured that I love your work and I'm very grateful for Uberoid and for all your help.

I'm posting from my WM8505 netbbok, and that's quite an achievement :)
Hey Tincho,

Sorry, there is no later version than 1.6 for this model :(

Thanks for your kind words.

Have a great day ;)

HcH