TechKnow

Author Topic: [WM8650] Universal Windows CE7 [UberCE7 v1]  (Read 42875 times)

Offline rdgvr

• √úberized
  • Tablet / Size / Model: WM8650 7'' Led:Green Jack:Black TS:uor615x
Re: [latest] UberCE7 for WM8650 v1
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2014, 12:38:51 PM »
Thank you very much for this firmware, it works perfectly on my tablet, including touch screen, wifi and full language support. I don't know exactly the name of my tablet, but I suppose it's a MID-M009S-2 Dual Touch (Option 20 in Uberoid). Now it works!  8-) 8-) 8-)

I have only one question many other people asked without receiving any answer: how can I install the extra applications? It may seem a stupid question, but if it's the first time you use windows ce it's not so obvious...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 06:15:22 PM by rdgvr »

Offline wicknix

• Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: M009S Clone & Generic wm8650 7" Netbook
« Reply #151 on: June 28, 2014, 07:51:24 PM »

Offline HcH

• TechKnow Owner, Ethical Hacker
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2014, 12:29:38 PM »
Hey rdgvr,

installing apps isn't too hard, sometimes there's an installer, other times you can just start the app as if it is a portable application. Just copy to your local drive and make a short cut on your desktop to the executable.

Enjoy!

HcH

Offline renzaku

• Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: m7206
« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2014, 06:29:30 AM »
if i flash this on tablets other wm8650 will it function properly

Offline HcH

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2014, 11:32:35 AM »
if i flash this on tablets other wm8650 will it function properly
Hello renzaku,

No then it will not work, it is only for WM8650's. However, since yesterday I also can offer people WM8850 WinCE, get to that topic in the ROMs section if you seek for the WM8850 FW.

HcH

Offline CE Geek

• Uber-Noobie
« Reply #155 on: September 04, 2014, 09:08:38 AM »
I've successfully flashed UberCE7 on several former Android 8650 tablets (with mixed results, of course - see here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17431&start=1 ), including one 8" one. As noted in the above-linked thread, initially the touchscreen didn't work until I copied over the entire registry from a 7" tablet with a working touchscreen. I was surprised to find the touchscreen now working on the 8" tablet as well, though not usable as nearly every tap registers on another location on the display. Because the registry included calibration coordinates from the (800x480) 7" device, I'm thinking that maybe editing the vertical coordinates could at least partially correct the problem - but I'm not sure what to edit the vertical values to. Here are the coordinates: 2139,2057 1221,3134 3015,3135 3052,960 1224,970. Any thoughts on this, HcH?

Offline twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Tablet / Size / Model: =   :cool-android:    :android-wink:    :cool-android:
« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2014, 07:16:11 AM »
I've successfully flashed UberCE7 on several former Android 8650 tablets (with mixed results, of course - see here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17431&start=1 ), including one 8" one. As noted in the above-linked thread, initially the touchscreen didn't work until I copied over the entire registry from a 7" tablet with a working touchscreen. I was surprised to find the touchscreen now working on the 8" tablet as well, though not usable as nearly every tap registers on another location on the display. Because the registry included calibration coordinates from the (800x480) 7" device, I'm thinking that maybe editing the vertical coordinates could at least partially correct the problem - but I'm not sure what to edit the vertical values to. Here are the coordinates: 2139,2057 1221,3134 3015,3135 3052,960 1224,970. Any thoughts on this, HcH?

do you have the original env.bin from the tablet prior to the first flash attempt? - this is critical info for trying to offer assistance to your devices needed configs for your ts....  it is never advised to use a rom for a 7" device on an 8" model but it is proven possible to modify the configs of the flashed rom to work on the 8" device... if you have the original backup env.bin have a look at the ts configs that shout be listed as "wmt io touch xxxx" or similar and compare those to the configs of the 7" rom configs you are using

there are tutorials here on TechKnow for editing scripts and configs and can be found using the handy search feature here on the forum

if you do not have the original env.bin or the original rom to re-flash the device then your guess would be as good as ours - I do know I am not fully answering your question but more info is needed than your coordinates - editing those could result in a nonfunctional device and would require re-flashing for functionality

I hope to have helped and thanks for visiting TechKnow  8-)

Offline CE Geek

• Uber-Noobie
« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2014, 10:52:57 AM »
I didn't look for the env.bin file before reflashing. I had the perhaps erroneous perception from perusing these forums that this was not critical with 8650 ROMs because they don't require selecting a corresponding .fwc file in a \config folder like with the 8850. Let's be clear - I didn't flash a 7" ROM. I flashed an 8" version of UberCE7 created using changer.bat. The only thing I got from a 7" device was the registry, copied from an actual 7" device and copied onto the 8" device, thereby overwriting the default registry values that flashing UberCE7 put on the device. As I said, the touchscreen didn't respond at all until I did that last step. I don't have any other clues about the device since it has no brand name or other identifying information. So based on your response it looks like I am out of luck trying to correct the touchscreen calibration, unless I'm willing to do some trial and error with the registry value mentioned in my previous post (which itself is risky). I'm still experimenting (a hobby of mine to say the least - my username should clue one in on that, not to mention my many posts on the legendary hpcfactor.com) and will likely pick up additional units to play with. I'll be sure to look for and keep a copy of the env.bin file if this opportunity arises again.

Offline twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2014, 08:09:30 PM »
if you would like to test a few Uberoid options we could try to offer some more advice to get your device back to functional - it is different than UberCE7 but many thousands of members use it and it is somewhat customizable to your preferences themed as froyo, gb, or ics etc...

if you would like to persue that option then there are a few things we would need to know to try to help you determine the best possible options to test in the Uberoid Changer and it would be best to make a new topic.

i understand now what is going on  ;)

1) screen size (8" ofc)  8-)

2) color of led - usually red/green or blue

or

grab Uberoid v12.1 from this topic http://www.techknow.me/forum/index.php?topic=3546.msg40377#msg40377

when you open the Changer in Uberoid prior to flashing type in "find" then type in "8 inch" and it will list all available 8 inch options available in the Changer. Knowing which color led you have could help us simplify the list for you.

feel free to post in the Uberoid topic i linked you to for more help with Uberoid if you choose so we can keep this thread on topic  ;)

getting the tablet back to functional via Uberoid 12.1 would be easier for you than downloading and flashing multiple different factory firmwares.

If you have any other questions you need only to ask and we will try to assist - we are all learning together

:android-nerd:

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 08:21:34 PM by twjordo »

Offline CE Geek

• Uber-Noobie
« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2014, 09:00:18 AM »
Actually it had Uberoid to start with (though I didn't keep it on the tablet long enough to check which version). Maybe if my name were "Android Geek" instead of CE Geek I'd have stuck with it.  ;)  If you head over to hpcfactor.com you'll see that I'm into making the most out of Windows CE, despite its legacy status. I'm sticking with that for now - like I said above it's become a kind of hobby.  :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:06:39 AM by CE Geek »

Offline twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2014, 03:22:03 PM »
Kool  :cool-android: - Keep us posted and enjoy!

Cheers!

Offline dominicene

• Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: TABLET // 8 INCH // M806
« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2014, 05:51:21 AM »
Hello,

I'm a newbie on here ... Pardon my newbieness

I have a MID M1006S Super Pad will UberCE7 work on my tablet? And is it correct that I end to use a keyboard and mouse to navigate?

Offline twjordo

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2014, 07:01:03 AM »
Hello,

I'm a newbie on here ... Pardon my newbieness

I have a MID M1006S Super Pad will UberCE7 work on my tablet? And is it correct that I end to use a keyboard and mouse to navigate?

it could possibly work and I see you have inquired about uberoid 12.1 as well and I have replied there for you too...

as you already read -  8-)

* before flashing this, get Uberoid v12.1, make a backup of your current env_uboot using FAQ#1 in the Uberoid v12.1 topic.
* best for WM8650 netbooks
* uor615x TS support (limited!) Touchscreen probably will not work on your model, prepare to use keyboard and mouse
* fit for diverse screen sizes
* this is aka as the Alpha version, since no serious improvements have been made over the stock image

if your device ts config is not supported by UberCE7 then yes you will need to use a mouse

* Changer added for changing resolution, supported resolutions:         
 - 1=800x480 7"                                                         
 - 2=800x600 8"                                                         
 - 3=480x272 5" / 4.3"                                                 
 - 4=1024x600 9.7"                                                   
 - 5=1024x768 10.1"

Offline Fireshadow_GJ4

• Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Wondermedia WM8650
Re: [WM8650] Universal Windows CE7 [UberCE7 v1]
« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2015, 07:17:35 AM »
I decided to try this rom. When installing it just hangs up in the first logo. Nothing works. When using uberoid, I had to use the other uzimage. Do you think that might be the culprit? Does the installer creates the log file when installing?

Offline HcH

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2015, 10:00:20 AM »
I decided to try this rom. When installing it just hangs up in the first logo. Nothing works. When using uberoid, I had to use the other uzimage. Do you think that might be the culprit? Does the installer creates the log file when installing?
Hmmmm, I do think you have a odd model WM8650 if this doesn't do anything on your tablet.

Can you tell me more about the unit? Recently bought?

Offline Fireshadow_GJ4

• Uber-Noobie
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2015, 10:50:10 AM »
Bought it in 2013. I bought it mainly because I was trying to port ICS to wm8650. After 2 months of constant fails, I ditched it.Recently, I thought it's 7'' screen can be of some use and started using it again.
It is something like wm8650v2 or revised version of wm8650.
Green and Red lights, silver home button, black audio output.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 11:10:56 AM by Fireshadow_GJ4 »

Offline HcH

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2015, 11:34:43 AM »
Bought it in 2013. I bought it mainly because I was trying to port ICS to wm8650. After 2 months of constant fails, I ditched it.Recently, I thought it's 7'' screen can be of some use and started using it again.
It is something like wm8650v2 or revised version of wm8650.
Green and Red lights, silver home button, black audio output.
I think you are right and this is a different model of the WM8650 then we mostly found.

Do you have the firmware for this WM8650 somewhere online so I can have a look?

I think to recognize when a different version has been used of the uzImage ;)

HcH

Offline Fireshadow_GJ4

• Uber-Noobie
« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2015, 12:04:49 PM »
I don't have the original anymore. They sent me link to a chinese site that doesn't work now.
You need the whole rom or just uzImage??
Anyway this is the one that works : http://www.mediafire.com/download/cmsffwnxqtas8f2/uzImage.bin

Going back to the topic, can I install UberCE7 in verbose mode or at least make it write a log file in sdcard so that I can know where exactly problem lies??

Offline HcH

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2015, 01:02:35 PM »
I don't have the original anymore. They sent me link to a chinese site that doesn't work now.
You need the whole rom or just uzImage??
Anyway this is the one that works : http://www.mediafire.com/download/cmsffwnxqtas8f2/uzImage.bin

Going back to the topic, can I install UberCE7 in verbose mode or at least make it write a log file in sdcard so that I can know where exactly problem lies??
Thanks that's all I need to check it out :)

Hmmm, well I fear without serial interface debugging the installation is not possible... perhaps a option in the installer allows a logfile to be written to SD, I can imagine that exists, but don't know it really does exist :)

HcH

Offline CE Geek

• Uber-Noobie
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2015, 02:07:33 AM »
I couldn't get this going so I downloaded the Sylvania CE file, added the correct uberoid script for my PC-802 8" inch ,Translated all the Chinese words into English and it works ! WiFi and Touchscreen no problemfrom the start.
 I'm not crazy about having ASK.com for my homepage though .Anyone got an alternative?

Don't know how I missed this before. It looks like this user was able to get CE with a properly-working touchscreen on an 8" tablet using a CE ROM for a 7" 8650 netbook. No details, though. If this user is still looking in here, I'd like to know more. Any ideas what KD271158 is talking about, HcH?  :android-question:

Offline HcH

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2015, 09:41:06 AM »
I couldn't get this going so I downloaded the Sylvania CE file, added the correct uberoid script for my PC-802 8" inch ,Translated all the Chinese words into English and it works ! WiFi and Touchscreen no problemfrom the start.
 I'm not crazy about having ASK.com for my homepage though .Anyone got an alternative?

Don't know how I missed this before. It looks like this user was able to get CE with a properly-working touchscreen on an 8" tablet using a CE ROM for a 7" 8650 netbook. No details, though. If this user is still looking in here, I'd like to know more. Any ideas what KD271158 is talking about, HcH?  :android-question:
Hey CE Geek,

I believe this firmware made available on the Sylvania website a while ago.
Maybe, just maybe I have it somewhere, or maybe it's still at their support page, you want me to look for it?

HcH

Offline CE Geek

• Uber-Noobie
« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2015, 09:49:41 PM »
No, I know what ROM we're talking about, and I have it. (The site is down, but you can still access the page through the Wayback Machine at archive.org.) What I'm wondering is how it was made to work, touchscreen and all, on an 8" tablet since it's for a 7" screen. I'm also wondering what KD271158 meant by the "correct Uberoid script," since the Uberoid firmware uses the "FirmwareInstall" method rather than the "script8650" one.  :con1:

Offline HcH

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2015, 09:57:40 PM »
No, I know what ROM we're talking about, and I have it. (The site is down, but you can still access the page through the Wayback Machine at archive.org.) What I'm wondering is how it was made to work, touchscreen and all, on an 8" tablet since it's for a 7" screen. I'm also wondering what KD271158 meant by the "correct Uberoid script," since the Uberoid firmware uses the "FirmwareInstall" method rather than the "script8650" one.  :con1:
Hey CE Geek,

I think to know what he meant, Uberoid comes with Wmt_scriptcmd files for 8" 10" etc, I think he used the 8"  version.

HcH

Offline CE Geek

• Uber-Noobie
« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2015, 09:58:17 AM »
That's what I thought, but when I viewed the wmt_scriptcmd file in Notepad, I noticed that it made references to the \FirmwareInstall folder, so I expected that it wouldn't work. However, when I tried the reflash using that wmt_scriptcmd file with the 8" UberCE firmware, I got the same result that I had gotten before: touchscreen responding but not working properly. Here's the env.bin file generated in case it holds any clues:

Offline HcH

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #174 on: July 14, 2015, 10:18:18 AM »
That's what I thought, but when I viewed the wmt_scriptcmd file in Notepad, I noticed that it made references to the \FirmwareInstall folder, so I expected that it wouldn't work. However, when I tried the reflash using that wmt_scriptcmd file with the 8" UberCE firmware, I got the same result that I had gotten before: touchscreen responding but not working properly. Here's the env.bin file generated in case it holds any clues:
Hey CE Geek,

the ENV.BIN seems like my modded one:

wmt.io.touch=1:uor615x:0:800:600
wmt.model.no=8inch_pri_yzx_vt1603
wmt.io.ts.2dcal=-152 -19369 75093903 16067 312 -8554626 87919
wmt.display.param=2:3:16:800:600:60
wmt.display.tmr=40000:0:20:46:800:210:10:23:600:10
wmt.display.pwm=0:25:50:99

you may want to use wmt.io.ts.2dcal values of the configuration that previously worked fine on your tablet, this may be the values of Android.

HcH
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 10:23:23 AM by HardcoreHacker »

Offline CE Geek

• Uber-Noobie
« Reply #175 on: July 15, 2015, 09:01:17 AM »
Problem is, as is clear from my older posts above, I've never gotten the touchscreen to work properly with UberCE7 on an 8" 800x600 tablet, so there isn't a configuration that worked. Still hoping to find one.   :gasp:

Offline HcH

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #176 on: July 15, 2015, 09:12:57 AM »
Problem is, as is clear from my older posts above, I've never gotten the touchscreen to work properly with UberCE7 on an 8" 800x600 tablet, so there isn't a configuration that worked. Still hoping to find one.   :gasp:
Here's a list of 800x600 parameters:

display.tmr 40000:0:10:46:800:20:10:23:600:10
display.tmr 40000:0:20:46:800:210:10:23:600:10

io.touch 1:uor615x:0:800:600
io.touch 1:vt1603:2:800:600
io.touch 1:vt1609:2:800:600

as for wmt.io.ts.2dcal, there are many possibilities, modding this value is only demanded when you receive the error "calibration failed". (this applies to android).

it might be good, to see which 800x600 ts.3dcal value is in the set of a Android rom, the same values do seem to apply here! So get the original Android configuration, and use that value :)

do you recompile the wmt_scriptcmd?

HcH

Offline CE Geek

• Uber-Noobie
« Reply #177 on: July 16, 2015, 10:49:17 AM »
No, I haven't changed any wmt_scriptcmd files myself. I've just used the ones generated by running changer.bat. Initially, for Uberoid I selected the PC-802 (option 4). UberCE7 installed, but the calibration loop just kept recycling as it had before when I used the 8" UberCE7 wmt_scriptcmd. I subsequently tried flashing option 4 of Uberoid, but it never got past the Uberoid logo when I tried booting it. Only option 15 booted and produced a properly-working touchscreen in Uberoid. But when I used that version of wmt_scriptcmd to flash UberCE7, it got stuck on the "Uberoid2.2 upgrade preparing" screen.

Not sure where to proceed from here. I don't see any reference to wmt.io.ts.2dcal in wmt_scriptcmd. How do I change that parameter, and what values do I use?  :gasp:

Offline HcH

• Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #178 on: July 16, 2015, 02:43:01 PM »
No, I haven't changed any wmt_scriptcmd files myself. I've just used the ones generated by running changer.bat. Initially, for Uberoid I selected the PC-802 (option 4). UberCE7 installed, but the calibration loop just kept recycling as it had before when I used the 8" UberCE7 wmt_scriptcmd. I subsequently tried flashing option 4 of Uberoid, but it never got past the Uberoid logo when I tried booting it. Only option 15 booted and produced a properly-working touchscreen in Uberoid. But when I used that version of wmt_scriptcmd to flash UberCE7, it got stuck on the "Uberoid2.2 upgrade preparing" screen.

Not sure where to proceed from here. I don't see any reference to wmt.io.ts.2dcal in wmt_scriptcmd. How do I change that parameter, and what values do I use?  :gasp:
Hey CE Geek,

Ok then, well if you want to mod such file, please read carefully howto and download the mkscriptcmd package I offer under the downloads on the frontpage of TechKnow.

You can't exchange Android and WinCE scriptcmd's I'm afraid. If the ts.2dcal doesn't appear then I won't recommend adding it!!!

Good luck and if there's anything just let me know.

HcH

Offline CE Geek

• Uber-Noobie
« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2015, 09:52:45 AM »
HcH, you mentioned early in this thread that you tested UberCE7 on an 8" tablet that you had before selling it. Did the touchscreen work on that one? If so, what model was it?

I'm pretty well convinced that this is a hardware issue (ie, one of the UOR615 touchscreens that just doesn't work properly with this ROM) since I tried flashing the 7" version on another 7" tablet whose touchscreen worked properly in option 8 of Uberoid (though clearly resistive since it seemed to respond more accurately to fingernail touches and swipes than to fingertip touches and swipes), but in UberCE7 I got exactly the same touchscreen response result that I have been getting on the 8" tablets. Maybe there's an 8" model out there that it'll work properly on, but I haven't found it yet.   :android-nerd:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 09:59:34 AM by CE Geek »