TechKnow

Author Topic: [ZT180v2] HoneyComb MOD v3 HYBRiD [Android0730/WinCE1.57]  (Read 10468 times)

Offline adiocontrol

• Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: wondermedia wm8560 8" greenled/red charging pc-802
Re: [latest] Zepad ZT180v2 HoneyComb MOD v3 HYBRiD [Android0730/WinCE1.57]
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2013, 11:57:05 AM »
Hi nope no barcode and no idea on what Tom it has as I also no longer have it at home ty again for al the help

Offline HcH

• TechKnow Owner, Ethical Hacker
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2013, 02:06:49 PM »
Hi nope no barcode and no idea on what Tom it has as I also no longer have it at home ty again for al the help
Hello audiocontrol,

if you can not ID the model is strongly recommend not to flash it, unless you do have the original firmware on your pc!

HcH

Offline bbdmn

• Uber-Noobie
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2013, 02:12:07 AM »
Maybe someone can help me, I'm starting to feel like an idiot.  I can't get the tablet to flash, all it does is go to blank screen then after few seconds starts to reboot regularly and hangs on the android text screen.

Its possible I'm flashing wrong ROM. Bar code is ZT180102ASRTA1020S5

Offline omarahum

• VIP Moderator
  • ॐ Zenithink Tablet User /Information Transmitter ॐ
    • SlateDroid
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Zenithink
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2013, 09:42:18 PM »
Maybe someone can help me, I'm starting to feel like an idiot.  I can't get the tablet to flash, all it does is go to blank screen then after few seconds starts to reboot regularly and hangs on the android text screen.

Its possible I'm flashing wrong ROM. Bar code is ZT180102ASRTA1020S5
ZT180102ASRTA1020S5

Looks like you had the 1020 ROM on your tablet when it left the factory....  The 1020 ROM was only for the ZT-180 Original/version 1 tablet (2GB nand, 256MB RAM, no camera, no hdmi).... 

The Zepad ZT180v2 HoneyComb MOD v3 HYBRiD [Android0730/WinCE1.57] ROM is for the ZT-180v2 tablets (4GB inand, 512MB RAM, camera and HDMI)....

Offline Biggdadd73

• Uber-Noobie
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2013, 09:22:08 PM »
I apologize if I'm late to the party but I initially used the update but it had no sound and wouldn't connect online (I did a manual install), so I reformatted my sdcard, used the .bat file but it doesn't add any of the Software files and still no sound...but if I manually copy the zt-update they are there but I don't have the option to change the sound driver being used so I don't have sound.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline eel_dahc

• Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: zt-180
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2013, 06:23:28 AM »
Hi, I just got a ZePad
BAR CODE:  ZT180G2J2.4102M512F4. 
BUILD NUM: zt180-eng AOSP OPENMASTER eng.root.20110730.120935 test-keys

It had super user installed already but root explorer didn't work, so I used universal androot and it said that it was rooted but it didn't change anything as far as apps needing root getting root.

Then I used adb to change permissions and then changed the hosts file.  I then tried to root it with adb commands and another su file. 

I can now use root explorer at any time but titanium backup will not get root rights and root checker says that it is not rooted. 

So be it.

Can I put your custom rom on this tablet?

Offline HcH

• TechKnow Owner, Ethical Hacker
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2013, 01:52:24 PM »
Hello eel_dahc,

I know your problem exactly! I had the same struggle with the default root as you have.

This ROM solves that issue and will grant you full root, your model seems fit for it, but always be sure you have a backup ROM, factory firmware before trying this one. Zenithink offers great support on their website but I haven't visited them in a while now so I'm not sure how their support is now for the older devices.

It's good you have taken note of your specific model, read the ROM's release notes to see if there's a good match and give it a go if that turns out OK.

Good luck!

HcH

Offline eel_dahc

• Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: zt-180
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2013, 05:33:57 AM »
Thanks, it all worked out. 

Offline [email protected]

• Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: zepad ZT-180
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »
Hi,

I have a zT 180 model# ZT180102ASRTA0808S6F I stopped using it because I was no longer able to use goggle or gmail, I decided to see if I could updated it or solve the problem and found this thread.

I downloaded the file, and followed the instructions but I can’t update, when I press the power and the square button in the zpad it says no Zimage_update and no Zimage_update_ce and the zepad turns on normally.

What I’m doing wrong? Any ideas?

Thank’s in advance

Offline omarahum

• VIP Moderator
    • SlateDroid
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2014, 08:54:06 PM »
Hi,

I have a zT 180 model# ZT180102ASRTA0808S6F I stopped using it because I was no longer able to use goggle or gmail, I decided to see if I could updated it or solve the problem and found this thread.

I downloaded the file, and followed the instructions but I can’t update, when I press the power and the square button in the zpad it says no Zimage_update and no Zimage_update_ce and the zepad turns on normally.

What I’m doing wrong? Any ideas?

Thank’s in advance
Is your sdcard formatted FAT32 with no partitions on it?  If not, you may want to do a full (not quick) format on it, and try again...  Or try using a different sdcard....

You do have the zt-update folder on the (root of the) sdcard with all the ROM files in it (5 zImage files and the *.tar.bz files)?

Since your tablet had the 0808 ROM, you should be using (via changer.bat or manually) the 8388 zImage* files in your zt-update folder (so your audio works)...

• Uber-Noobie
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2014, 09:30:34 PM »
Ok It’s done, looks like it was the sd card, it was is in fat32, but just in case I formatted it again, loaded the files again and updated it and this time it worked. If I have known it I would have formatted before and saved at least 2 h, I had tried it at least a dozen times before.

Thank you, I was ready to forget about it.

Offline omarahum

• VIP Moderator
    • SlateDroid
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2014, 09:41:27 PM »
Ok It’s done, looks like it was the sd card, it was is in fat32, but just in case I formatted it again, loaded the files again and updated it and this time it worked. If I have known it I would have formatted before and saved at least 2 h, I had tried it at least a dozen times before.

Thank you, I was ready to forget about it.

• Uber-Noobie
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2014, 10:59:47 PM »
Thank you to all contributors, thank’s to you I could update and solve the problems with google and gmail, all I had to do was follow the instructions, I had some trouble but reading carefully was able to solve them.
Thank you all!

Offline omarahum

• VIP Moderator
    • SlateDroid
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2014, 12:06:34 AM »
Thank you to all contributors, thank’s to you I could update and solve the problems with google and gmail, all I had to do was follow the instructions, I had some trouble but reading carefully was able to solve them.
Thank you all!

Offline chilinc

• Site Donor
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: zenithink/10.1"/zt-180
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2014, 12:54:55 AM »
hi guys, firstly tks for the great work.
unfortunately my zt180 still has a problem can you help.
when i try to browse the web or log into any google accounts etc i just get message saying
" can't establish a reliable data connection to the server"
this could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services"

i thought the new os i installed would stop this stupid thing thinking it is a phone and hoped it would cure this problem but not happening for me.
pls any help !!!!!!!!
Actually, that seems to be a problem on many older tablets, and on all of the ZT-180 (original, v2 7", v2 10") tablets...

Someone on SlateDroid (member rikkinadir) posted a fix...  :android-smile:

I solved the problem. In case you have the same issue:
-The ZT180 must be rooted
-With Root Explorer, edit the file /etc/hosts and delete all the lines except "localhost  127.0.0.1". Save and exit.
-Go to  "Settings->Manage Applications->All->Market"
-Choose "Clear Data"
-Reboot.
This worked for me.
I have a problem that's  somewhat the same, I'm rooted, deleted lines in the hosts file; I have gmail, maps, search, but can't install Google  play services, in which some apps I need  to install will not do it without that service; is there anything I can do?

Offline omarahum

• VIP Moderator
    • SlateDroid
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2014, 02:08:28 AM »
hi guys, firstly tks for the great work.
unfortunately my zt180 still has a problem can you help.
when i try to browse the web or log into any google accounts etc i just get message saying
" can't establish a reliable data connection to the server"
this could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services"

i thought the new os i installed would stop this stupid thing thinking it is a phone and hoped it would cure this problem but not happening for me.
pls any help !!!!!!!!
Actually, that seems to be a problem on many older tablets, and on all of the ZT-180 (original, v2 7", v2 10") tablets...

Someone on SlateDroid (member rikkinadir) posted a fix...  :android-smile:

I solved the problem. In case you have the same issue:
-The ZT180 must be rooted
-With Root Explorer, edit the file /etc/hosts and delete all the lines except "localhost  127.0.0.1". Save and exit.
-Go to  "Settings->Manage Applications->All->Market"
-Choose "Clear Data"
-Reboot.
This worked for me.
I have a problem that's  somewhat the same, I'm rooted, deleted lines in the hosts file; I have gmail, maps, search, but can't install Google  play services, in which some apps I need  to install will not do it without that service; is there anything I can do?
I only ran into needing the new Google Play Services when my tablet update Youtube, I just reinstalled an older version of Youtube....

I don't think the newest version is meant for Froyo - http://thenextweb.com/google/2013/10/31/google-updates-play-services-mobile-ads-sdk-improvements-geofencing-google-apis-drops-froyo/

Not sure if this is the problem you are talking about - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=google+play+services+incompatible+shared+user+id Seems there may be some workarounds, but I haven't tried any....  If you succeed, please post a how to... 

- ॐ