Hello Visitors,

TechKnow has a new download location for ALL roms! Visit TechKnow Downloads for the new location.

THANKS to GCE Hosting !!!

Poll

Continue and invest ?

Yes! Go for it and develop new firmware/tools/apps!
No, keep your money and your free time.
I would like to support!

Author Topic: Continue TechKnow and Invest ?  (Read 774 times)

Offline HardcoreHacker

• TechKnow Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3694
  • -Received: 1126
Continue TechKnow and Invest ?
« on: September 16, 2016, 11:44:19 AM »
As some of you know, TechKnow is unable to proceed with bringing you Android firmware/tools/support/apps since we don't have any support by either community, developers or a sponsor.

Yet people still request stuff that's no longer available. If I upgrade the host, that will be 65EUR per year extra, if I get some new devices and continue development, I would need to pay around 200EUR including import fees.

However, the support of the community is not strong, and I don't feel much for investing this money without it's being apprieciated. TK still has 1000's of unique visitors per day, so I ask you all, continue and invest ?

Offline huckleberrypie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 239
  • -Received: 228
  • Unterganger.
  • Tablet / Size / Model: KingCom Joypad Q71 (Allwinner A31s/7")
Re: Continue TechKnow and Invest ?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 02:48:35 AM »
I'd say go for it then! Also, would it be feasible for you to consider another source of revenue, like let's say Patreon? You can provide premium-level support for paying clients for example.

I'm more than willing to help you out mate, and if given the opportunity, donate so we can do some more epic stuff.

Offline sessarhack

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 1
  • every day we learn something
  • Tablet / Size / Model: jet mini/ 7.85/wm8880
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 09:18:23 PM »
i can help, 5 usd each month, i repair wm8850,wm8880 and wm8650, but the wm8650 it´s obsolete, no support no apps, so that's my offer HCH
"mejor hacer una pregunta estupida, a ser un estupido que no pregunta" "better ask a stupid question, than be a stupid who no ask a question"

Offline HardcoreHacker

• TechKnow Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3694
  • -Received: 1126
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 03:56:28 PM »
i can help, 5 usd each month, i repair wm8850,wm8880 and wm8650, but the wm8650 it´s obsolete, no support no apps, so that's my offer HCH
Hey sessarhack,

that's kind of you, however, due the cicrumstances we don't longer support tablets, a few phones soon.

Because I don't have a WM device anymore, there are no plans to ever support them here.

Indeed, most is obsolete now. Maybe the upcoming phone mods and uberizer version will improve traffic here and maybe, but unlikely, TechKnow get's back a position where we can grow and get new devices, but I don't see that happening easily.

HcH

Offline huckleberrypie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 239
  • -Received: 228
  • Unterganger.
  • Tablet / Size / Model: KingCom Joypad Q71 (Allwinner A31s/7")
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 01:11:46 AM »
Hey sessarhack,

that's kind of you, however, due the cicrumstances we don't longer support tablets, a few phones soon.

Because I don't have a WM device anymore, there are no plans to ever support them here.

Indeed, most is obsolete now. Maybe the upcoming phone mods and uberizer version will improve traffic here and maybe, but unlikely, TechKnow get's back a position where we can grow and get new devices, but I don't see that happening easily.

HcH

Yeah, perhaps so. For starters, MTK phones/tabs are easier to dump though flashing the wrong preloader can mess things up royally; it isn't to say that devices hard-bricked due to the aforementioned preloader issues are beyond repair as there are ways to force it back to meta mode.

I'd say we should add a feature in Uberizer wherein you can make a scatter file from the phone just like with MTK Droid Tools, and if possible an automated recovery creation tool for clones and obscure models.

And to start things off I've just uploaded a ROM I dumped off my Galaxy S7 clone. ;)

https://huckleberrypie57.blogspot.com/2016/11/stock-rom-for-galaxy-s7-mt6580-z6u030.html
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:13:27 AM by huckleberrypie »