Author Topic: Can i use CWM for A13 allwinner ???  (Read 15264 times)

Offline toxicro

• Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Received: 61
  • 有毒的
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Jazz C725
Can i use CWM for A13 allwinner ???
« on: April 23, 2013, 10:44:55 PM »
Hello everyone,

I see all people here trying to use CWM to backup and restore ROM's on A13 tablets and i understand people are used to use CWM from android phones and tablets, but here
on A13 allwinner CWM is not working.
Now let me explain why.
CWM is used to backup only kernel (boot.img), recovery and system.tgz+data.tgz(ROM+user data) but CWM is not backing up bootloader (bootloader.img).
Now why the heck i need bootloader to be backup on A13 tablet and on my SGS2 not ???
- SGS2 have same components on all phones TS/camera/gsensor/gps/fm and this is why he use a single bootloader that don't need to be changed/backup/restore.
- A13 are different even from same manufacturer, you don't find same TS/camera/gsensor/gps/fm on same lot of tablets so you will need a new bootloader for every lot if you use today one TS next month another TS.

I'm not against CWM, i use everyday for my android devices but not on A13 because have no effect.

I hope all people understand now why they can't use CWM on A13 tablets or maybe someone can make a special CWM for A13 but with support for backup/restore bootloader too.

Cya

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 112
  • -Received: 1688
  • I'm old - But still Learning
  • Tablet / Size / Model: VIA WM8650/ 7" / Option 8 / MID-703
Re: Can i use CWM for A13 allwinner ???
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 11:30:29 PM »
Hello everyone,

I see all people here trying to use CWM to backup and restore ROM's on A13 tablets and i understand people are used to use CWM from android phones and tablets, but here
on A13 allwinner CWM is not working.
Now let me explain why.
CWM is used to backup only kernel (boot.img), recovery and system.tgz+data.tgz(ROM+user data) but CWM is not backing up bootloader (bootloader.img).
Now why the heck i need bootloader to be backup on A13 tablet and on my SGS2 not ???
- SGS2 have same components on all phones TS/camera/gsensor/gps/fm and this is why he use a single bootloader that don't need to be changed/backup/restore.
- A13 are different even from same manufacturer, you don't find same TS/camera/gsensor/gps/fm on same lot of tablets so you will need a new bootloader for every lot if you use today one TS next month another TS.

I'm not against CWM, i use everyday for my android devices but not on A13 because have no effect.

I hope all people understand now why they can't use CWM on A13 tablets or maybe someone can make a special CWM for A13 but with support for backup/restore bootloader too.

Cya

The only thing that works on the CWM for the A13 is the purpose of using the MOUNTS and STORAGE  portion of  the CWM for the uberizer .. nothing else on CWM functions as it normally does ..PEOPLE READ THIS ..and if you use the WRONG one it will crash your tablets partitioning !!
Thanks Toxicro  .. this is becoming a real problem !!

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 11:35:00 PM by satcomranger »
Tab 1-Via WM8650 Option 8,Green Power/Red Charge, Black Audio - Vibrate No - 2 Point Touch Uberoid V12B2
Tab 2-Flytouch 3/Superpad 3 - Axlien (Based on Tim4e)
Tab 3-Dell Streak 7 Wifi Stock Honeycomb 3.2
Tab 4-M799CA V2.0 Running TKT3.2A
Retired Electronics Tech / Network Engineer

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 02:25:10 AM »
bump

Tab 1-Via WM8650 Option 8,Green Power/Red Charge, Black Audio - Vibrate No - 2 Point Touch Uberoid V12B2

Offline techtech

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 07:40:27 PM »
what is the best thing to do if happen that i installed cwm on my a13 tablet. it cause cwm recovery bootloop. is there other way to be able to recover my stock ROM, i dont have a backup, since i am planning to do it using CWM. please help me.

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 07:47:59 PM »
what is the best thing to do if happen that i installed cwm on my a13 tablet. it cause cwm recovery bootloop. is there other way to be able to recover my stock ROM, i dont have a backup, since i am planning to do it using CWM. please help me.

reflash your stock rom !
We advise you to get the original Factory Firmware from your re-seller if we do not have it in our rom's section. Thanks!

Offline techtech

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 08:00:55 PM »

reflash your stock rom !
We advise you to get the original Factory Firmware from your re-seller if we do not have it in our rom's section. Thanks!
my tab is from my friend, and i dont know who's the re-seller is. by the way, thanks for your quick response.
cheers

Offline satcomranger

• TechKnow Co-Owner
  • Administrator
  • Uber Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 08:26:24 PM »

reflash your stock rom !
my tab is from my friend, and i dont know who's the re-seller is. by the way, thanks for your quick response.
cheers

by the way  you have 15 minutes to change your email address into a REAL ONE or you wioll be banned for using a temp address ..such as mailcatch.com   ... read the rules ..

Offline virg0

• Thank You
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Virgo MID9120 9.1 Inchs with Allwinner A13 Cortex A8 1.5Ghz
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 04:54:37 PM »
Hello,

I have just tried this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2189640

which you said here I shouldn't and I got into a bootLoop and some erros :
1.Cannot mount cache
2.Cannot mount emmc
3.Cannot mount recovery

I also cannot mount the system

I have Vritho MID9120 with Allwinner A13 Cortex A8 1.5Ghz processor I had searhed a lot but I cannot find my stock rom I did not ask the virgo site cause it has no support for technical issues

Does anyone have the rom I need or even one that will work cause I found some but I did not have the baseband code to check

Thanks