Author Topic: FAQ: How to restore FT5306DE4 firmware on Mach Speed Stealth Trio Pro 7c tablet  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Overcome

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 11
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Stealth trio pro 7c
Instructions to restore a ft5x06 touch screen on Stealth Trio Pro 7c tablet from Mach Speed

The info in this FAQ could theoretically be modified to flash any lost touch screen firmware on an A13b processor.

WARNING: These instructions could render your tablet completely useless.  Neither I nor TechKnow are responsible
for anything that you do to your tablet outside of normal operation.  If you are reading this, it is because you
own a Mach Speed Stealth Trio Pro 7c tablet with a FT5306DE4 touch screen chip, an FC-070-120 B3 Digitizer (with
3 front touch buttons), an A13b CPU and the touch screen has a dead spot, or is uncalibrated.  If your front buttons on
your touch screen light up when touched, you may not need this fix.  This is for reflashing your EEPROM on your
Touch Screen Chip.  This fix WILL NOT fully restore your touch screen EEPROM firmware, I have yet to locate the
correct firmware file for this specific digitizer.  If you decide to follow the instructions in this guide, you
understand the risks and will hold no one liable for any damages except yourself.

DO NOT PROCEED WITH THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS UNLESS YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTION!!

Ok, now that’s out of the way.

Step 1:

First thing you’re going to want to do is flash the Cooked ROM by fsebentley available here at TechKnow using
Livesuit 1.11.  If you don’t know where to find the ROM, here’s a link:
http://www.techknow.me/forum/index.php?topic=5986.0
Then you’re also going to need to download the Zildjan ft5x06 drivers file to get the ft5306 chip to respond to the ROM. 

Step 2:

Run the run.bat file from Zildjan's ft5x06 drivers archive obtained from the CookedROM page.

Step 3:

Run the clearfw.bat file from my archive I included in the post.  This will copy a modified
ft5x06.ko driver I obtained from here:
http://www.techknow.me/forum/index.php?topic=7522.msg87814#msg87814
along with an empty firmware for the ft5306 chip, which will erase the firmware on your chip which is necessary
to prepare it for flashing the new firmware. 

Step 4:

After your tablet reboots, run the run.bat file also in the archive.

Step 5:

My bat file also pushes an apk to your /sdcard/download folder called TSCalibration2.apk.  Run this only after you’ve
achieved success in installing the Zildjan and my files to restore close to normal touch.  This app will finish the job,
 making your touch screen correct and calibrated. You may want to delete the app afterward, because sometimes the android
system will ask if you want to "Perform action using ..." and give you the option of the Calibrate app.  It’s up to you. 
I keep it on there to tweak a little here and there until I'm completely comfortable. I just choose launcher if the prompt
comes up, and click always so I don't see the prompt any more.  Also, as an added bonus, I've included the keylayout file
for the Mach Speed Stealth Trio Pro 7c model that I have, this will restore your volume up/down buttons to full functionality.

Thanks so much to michaelgv for his fix, without that I was without a Touch Screen!

If you’re successful in re flashing the firmware on your touch screen, you may want
to edit your script to say ctp_upgrade_used = 0 so you don’t flash again every time you reboot.  Just look for the
[ctp0_para] section of your script.bin.  Also, as an added bonus, I've included the keylayout file for the Mach Speed
Stealth Trio Pro 7c model that I have, this will restore your volume up/down buttons to full functionality.

After that you’re done!  Touch screen should be fully restored.  I hope this has helped those who were like I was,
screwed without a working touch screen.  Thanks so much to all the posts that helped me figure this out!

EDITS:  Removed redundancies, reposted archive without excess files, fixed HTML code not transfering from original post.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 06:29:42 PM by Overcome »

Offline Overcome

• Thank You
  • -Received: 11
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: Stealth trio pro 7c
Hey guys, sorry it took so long.  I was trying to figure out how to make my fix work without running Zildjan's TS driver install first.  Finally, I just said oh well and posted my FAQ as is. 

I'm also just about done with a FAQ on fixing the "Insufficiant storage available" bug with Google Play that rendered my tablet useless after installing Google Play updates due to a small cache partition on devices with low internal sdcard memory.  I will post here if anyone wants to move it somewhere else if that's ok?

Thanks

-Overcome

Offline Anibisala

• Thank You
  • -Received: 0
  • Uber-Noobie
  • Tablet / Size / Model: d
I like this way of thinking is very high.